5 Simple Yoga Poses To Tone Your Body
For as long as you can imagine, yoga has been in existence as a fun way to relieve stress, get more energy, and tone the body.
Besides serving as a fitness routine to help you tone your body, yoga is also a cheat sheet to help you observe your mind, movement, body, focus on the present, and it is also the best way to gain self-awareness.
As a matter of fact, you can’t go wrong with yoga, especially because it doesn’t put you under extreme pressure as other exercises do. Still, in reality, you areworking out when doing yoga.
How Yoga Helps To Tone the Body?
It is no breaking news that yoga effectively reduces the level of stress hormone in the body. By so doing, yoga seems to be one of the most popular and seamless ways of converting food to body fuel instead of storing excess calories as fat.
Similarly, stretching your muscles regularly makes the muscle fiber and connective tissues longer, which in turn creates tension that makes the body to maintain a well-toned appearance.
For this reason, a lot of people, including celebrities, have identified yoga as one of the best exercise routines to tone almost all muscle groups in the body, and this is usually accompanied by relieving tension, better sleeping pattern, calming the mind, improve mental focus, and serving as stress relive of therapy.
Yes, you can say that yoga is an amazing fitness approach that targets the soul, body, and mind. Sure, no other fitness exercise can beat that!
Some Simple Yoga Pose To Tone The Body?
Alright, let’s get to brass tacks with substantial evidence to prove our claims about yoga’s effectiveness as one of the powerful fitness regimes you can adopt to tone your body as well as living a healthy lifestyle.
Below are some simple yoga poses you can practice to tone your body and mind whether you are a veteran or baby yogi
Bridge pose helps to stretch and tone the muscles of the thighs, front hip joints, and the spine.
- Lie flat with your back on the floor.
- Fold your leg to bend and raise your knees.
- Let your arms remain flat and straightened along the floor and facing the floor.
- Breathe-out gradually as you raise your hips away from the floor.
- Take your buttocks off the floor as you move your tailbone towards the pubic bone.
- Ensure that your thighs and your feet are parallel to each other.
- Let your bodymass spread evenly, as you remain in the position for some time.
- Relax your hand and gradually drop your back and spine to the floor as you breathe out.
The downward-facing dog is perfect for strengthening, energizing, and lengthening your muscles.
- Place your palms on the ground and stretch out your knees. Ensure that your hands are a bit farther from your shoulder.
- Open your hands wide and make ensure that each of your index fingers is partly turn out.
- Breathe in deeply, and ensure that your knee is straight.
- Move your shoulder blades towards the back, try opening up the shoulder blades around your tailbone.
- Carefully fix your head between your arms without allowing it to hang down.
- Hold the pose for some time.
Plank pose is a good yoga pose that tones and prepares the arms for more challenging arm balance, and it strengthens and tones up the muscles of the wrist, ankle, and spine.
- Keep your hands on the floor and adjust them until they are at right-angle to both your shoulder and the floor.
- Put out your arms and pin down the bases on your index finger on the ground or mat
- Spread your shoulder blades and strengthen them against your back. Ensure that your shoulder is spread far from your spine, push out your collarbones away from the sternum.
- Make sure that your head is straight, and keep it away from the back of your neck.
- While remaining in the posture, focus down on the mat
- Stay in the pose for a few moment
Upward facing dog helps you to strengthen your spinal cord, improves proper blood circulation in the body, especially around the pelvic region.
- Begin by lying face down on the floor
- Place your palms on the floor and gradually raise your trunk from the floor
- Straighten out your legs, and support your body weight with your palms.
- Make your arm stretched and firm on the floor.
Boat pose is a yoga exercise that will help to tone your abs, thigh, and as well as the muscles of your back.
- Begin by sitting on the ground with your feet stretched out and your hands rest beside the hips.
- Breathe in and out calmly.
- Gradually straighten your spine while lifting your feet to suspend afloat in the air.
- Raise your chest, extend your arms forward, and make sure that it is in line with your shoulders.
- Let your breath be steady and easy.
Yoga practice is a good exercise routine that helps to relieve stress, calm the mind, enhance better sleep, strengthen body muscles, as well as toning the entire body.
Some common examples of yoga exercise to tone the body include downward facing dog, bridge pose, plank pose, and others.