Whenever you need a workout that gives you more bang for your time, you shouldn’t look any farther than resistance training. Mind you, not just any form of resistance training, but loaded movement training because that is what your body needs.
One of the most outstanding reasons why many fitness enthusiasts chose loaded movement training is because, with just a few reps, you are sure of engaging your entire body muscles.
This, you can tell, is quite different from other forms of resistance training where the impact of your exercise is felt only around the chest or arms.
What is Loaded Movement Training?
In its simplest form, loaded movement training is a form of resistance training based on various full-body movement patterns together with a load.
With loaded movement training, you can build your muscle mass, as well as developing your overall body strength as a single unit while moving loads at different speeds and in different directions.
Frankly speaking, loaded movement training is a sure way to build a high level of stamina that can help you to withstand explosive and unfamiliar movement patterns as you go about your daily activities.
Why is it Important to Train this Way?
The functioning and mechanism of the entire body is very dynamic, especially when considering the various hectic and demanding activities you sometimes subject your body to.
So, with a good understanding of this constant pressure on the body, incorporating the loaded movement training into your routine exercise schedule will challenge and build your body and muscles to withstand almost any type of stress from your daily activities.
More so, it is a fact that moving the body with some load is a good way to build stamina, enhance performance in sporting activities, agility, and even enhancing your performance in everyday life.
Commonly Used Props for Loaded Movement Training
Well, when it comes to loaded movement training, no tool or prop can be said to be more effective than the other.
However, the most important thing to consider when carrying out loaded movement training is that each tool is very useful to help you achieve your resistance training goals. This is particularly important, especially when they are used in the right way and for the right activity.
Here are some common props you can adopt as loads or to add load for a multiplanar body movement when carrying out loaded movement training;
- Weighted vest
- Small sandbags
- Stability balls
- Medicine balls
Health Benefits of Loaded Movement Training
- The multiplanar movement of the body enhances skin elasticity and appearance.
- Loaded movement training engages a wide range of muscles, fascia, and connective tissues in a single training session.
- Unlike other resistance training that involves lifting loads against gravity, loaded movement training involves moving loads through gravity, by so doing, increasing tension on fascia muscles instead of compressing load tension around your joints.
- Moving loads through different movement patterns and different starting points in a multidirectional manner, boosts strength and stability.
- Depending on the sporting activity goals you want to achieve, you can build various parts of your body and develop sport-specific strength with loaded movement training.
Resistance training is a form of training that targets the development and strengthening of various parts of the body by carrying some loads.
Loaded movement training basically involved carrying loads and moving with them in various directions.
Doing this helps you to build stability, strength, and tone up body muscles, especially when done with common tools such as ViPR, dumbbells, weighted vests, etc.